Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Barchester Towers: 70% Complete

So first of all, I want to offer up my most humble apologies for the lack of updates lately.  The truth is, I've hit a slump.  I'm just completely unmotivated to read, and although I have picked up my Kindle a couple of times over the past week, it has been rare. The lack of interest stems partially from the fact that I'm getting a bit bogged down in Barchester Towers, and the fact that I'm getting ready to apply to nursing school in two weeks but mostly I just haven't been in the mood for reading a lot. Any of you who know me in real life know that my interest and fascination tends to flit eagerly from subject to subject and right now it's not on reading. 
 
Now rest assured I am absolutely NOT giving up on the project.  I knew when I started this that there would be times like these where I just didn't want to read any more and now, three and a half months into the project, here I am.  But I'll keep trying to plug forward and let the interest come when it will (and it will, I'm sure of that). 
 
You all, my faithful readers, have been so kind with your comments and encouragement and I thank you for that.  I've felt guilty enough about not reading and not blogging that I've been avoiding Blogger and Twitter all together the last several days, but I decided enough was enough and you all deserve an update even if there isn't much to report
 
The good news is that I did so much reading early on in the project that I think I'm still ahead of schedule (I haven't actually calculated it, but I shouldn't be much behind if any).  So even though things are a bit slow at the moment, do not be alarmed, I shall be back to my usual bibliophile self after a bit!
 
Because of the lack of reading, I don't have a quote for you all right now, but I will share a word I found that I thought was funny.  The word is "bugbear" and in the context that Trollope used it, the definition is "an imaginary being invoked to frighten children, typically a sort of hobgoblin supposed to devour them."  The other, apparently more common, definition is, "a cause of obsessive fear, irritation, or loathing" (definitions from the New Oxford American Dictionary).

No comments:

Post a Comment