Monday, December 24, 2012

Barchester Towers: 56% Complete

First of all, I want to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas! I hope you're getting to eat lots of good food, share memories of Christmases past and spend time with those you love.  May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white!
 
I'm still plugging along on Barchester Towers even though it's been slow going over the holidays.  I'm hoping for more productivity in 2013!
 
Today's vocabulary word is thrall  which means "the state of being in someones power or having great power over someone" (definition from The New Oxford American Dictionary).
 
I just have a little short quote for you all today, one which is spoken in the book by Mr. Slope.  It reads:
 
"There is no happiness in love, except at the end of an English novel."
 
Of course, as Barchester Towers is an English novel, I'm assuming there will be happiness in love at the end of it!
 
Happy Christmas to all!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, Joe, and a merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete